- Magic Leap has raised $1.4 billion from a variety of investors including Google, Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Qualcomm, Warner Bros., Alibaba, Fidelity, J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley.
- A recent Series C funding round valued the company at $4.5 billion.
- CEO Rony Abovitz said Magic Leap is “gearing up to build millions” of devices.
- Although still in stealth mode, demos, developer kits, press releases and interviews have provided a good sense of what the device is and how it works.
- The initial product is expected to include video and audio. Eventually, touch and other senses will be added.