- Vital Enterprises has joined ODG’s Reticle Connect Partner Program to bring the benefits of smartglasses to commercial enterprises
- Vital software platform is integrated with, and optimized for, ODG glasses. Provides a foundation for powerful B2B applications
- Empowers operations executives to surpass production targets, reduce risk, improve quality, and enable more effective cost control and greater ROI
From the Press Release:
LAS VEGAS, NV–(Marketwired – January 04, 2016) – Vital Enterprises, an innovator of software and services for smartglasses and Osterhout Design Group (ODG), a leading smartglass designer and manufacturer, today announced that Vital has joined ODG’s Reticle Connect Partner Program to bring the benefits of smartglasses to commercial enterprises. The Vital software platform is integrated with and optimized for ODG glasses, and provides a foundation for powerful B2B applications. Using the Vital/ODG solution, operations executives are able to surpass production targets, reduce risk, improve quality and enable more effective cost control and greater ROI by bringing real-time information and interactive support to technicians as they work.
“ODG and Vital are bringing new levels of efficiency and production to precision production environments using smartglasses,” said Pete Jameson, Chief Operating Officer of ODG. “By developing on our platform, Vital is showing that rapid adoption of AR-smartglasses is ready for the industrial sector. Shipping today, our smartglasses allow users to deliver critical information, completely hands free, right at the point of work. Now technicians can see and share information seamlessly, even in noisy, complex or confined work environments. We look forward to our continued collaboration and innovation.”
Manufacturers face increasing competition and a rapidly changing business environment
The manufacturing sector is under intense pressure to innovate and deliver products quickly in order to stay relevant. Plus, the sector is facing a skills gap, and it is under scrutiny from compliance and regulatory bodies. These intersecting market factors are driving manufacturers to seek new ways to keep pace. Smartglasses with purpose-built software have emerged as the ideal competitive weapon to address these challenges.
For engineers and ﬁeld technicians building and maintaining complex products, smartglasses ensure every phase of production is carried out with complete accuracy, often in an environment where workers cannot easily maneuver, have limited use of their hands, or must focus on precise operations. The Vital software platform and applications on ODG smartglasses alleviate all of those challenges and help manufacturers achieve:
- Reduced risk of liability and failure by reducing human error and providing an auditable work process for compliance and quality control.
- Improved quality by enabling remote support and collaboration, controlled workflows and task information within context, at the point of work.
- Streamlined production while increasing technician productivity and providing workflow efficiency.
- Better cost control and ROI by optimizing workforce resources, minimizing errors and rework and streamlining production for greater financial control.
Ash Eldritch, Co-founder and Chief Science Officer of Vital Enterprises commented: “Smartglasses are rapidly becoming indispensable in the enterprise, especially within precision manufacturing environments. ODG and Vital are driving the adoption and use of smartglasses within these enterprises. Our customers are moving beyond incremental improvements in training and production to gain competitive advantage in their markets with refined work processes, leveraged enterprise knowledge and more effective tracking and control.”