- Atheer reveals its AiR Glasses smart glass platform and AiR Enterprise Suite, a cloud-based collaboration and task flow interaction solution for Fortune 1000 companies
- With the AiR Enterprise Suite, an AiR Glasses wearer can team up with remote experts via video calls and receive guidance through real-time image annotations
- The Atheer AiR platform is harnessing over 1 million deployment-ready Android apps to enable high value tasks in industries such as energy, industrial, healthcare, insurance, logistics, and anywhere deskless professionals are working
- Companies have an estimated 110 million “deskless” professionals in the field who need a more efficient mobile computing solution
From the Press Release:
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Atheer, the company pioneering the new AiR™ (Augmented interactive Reality™) computing platform today unveiled AiR Glasses, the world’s most interactive 3D smart glasses and the AiR Enterprise Suite, a cloud-based collaboration and task flow interaction solution for Fortune 1000 companies.
Atheer AiR Glasses allow wearers to see critical work information right in their field-of-view and then interact with it using familiar gestures, voice commands, and motion tracking. With the AiR Enterprise Suite, an AiR Glasses wearer can team up with remote experts via video calls and receive guidance through real-time image annotations to resolve problems quickly, all while keeping focus on the task at hand. The Atheer AiR platform is harnessing over 1 million deployment-ready Android apps to enable high value tasks in industries such as energy, industrial, healthcare, insurance, logistics, and anywhere deskless professionals are working.
“Every new computing paradigm enables a new wave of use cases and applications,” said Alberto Torres, CEO of Atheer. “The next paradigm is smart glasses based AiR computing – digital information that doesn’t distract you from reality, but rather, augments it. Where interaction is as intuitive as touching what you see. By focusing on deskless professionals’ day-to-day needs, we have arrived at a practical platform that is grounded in reality and focused on utility.”
In today’s business landscape, companies have an estimated 110 million “deskless” professionals in the field who need a more efficient mobile computing solution that will make their hands-on work easier and safer. For deskless professionals such as field engineers, doctors, and technicians who work with their hands in environments that are highly technical or sterile, it is still difficult to fully leverage today’s digital technology without significantly interrupting workflow. In the era of wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) where hardware, software, and services are being developed to blend our physical and digital worlds, Atheer AiR Glasses and AiR Enterprise Suite provide an immediate solution that allows friction-free access to everything the deskless professional needs to be successful.
“Our growing pilot engagements with Fortune 1000 companies in industrial, energy, insurance, construction, healthcare and logistics sectors are a testament to the accelerating needs of deskless professionals and the fitting solution of our AiR platform,” continued Mr. Torres.
Select Customers and Partners Leveraging Atheer AiR:
“Wearables and smart devices are part of the next-generation solution to optimize our value chain. These technologies will help us to enhance our customer focus and deliver better results, faster. When we looked at the smart glasses available in the market, Atheer stood out for its business-to-business focus and its enterprise-class solutions,” said Monika Schulze, Global Head of Marketing, Zurich Insurance Company
“Atheer smart glasses are a great fit for the Dassault 3DEXPERIENCE platform with the power to enable new usages for 3D design, engineering, 3D CAD and modeling. We are currently prototyping new ways to view immersive 3D projects in the AiR Glasses, interact with them mid-air using gestures, and drive collaboration with team members in real time,” said Tom Schorr, Director of Technology Alliances and Corporate Development at Dassault Systèmes, the world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions.
“KPIT’s diagnostics platform integrated with Atheer AiR will empower our customers to improve uptime of their equipment, and manage their assets better, by providing exact diagnosis of the problem while keeping the service technician’s hands free for guided repair,” said Anup Sable, Chief Technology Officer at KPIT, a global technology company specializing in solutions to automotive, manufacturing, energy & utilities and life sciences companies. “Our guided diagnostics and Atheer’s highly interactive smart glasses are sure to improve technician’s productivity and customer experience.”
“Tegra’s power-efficient acceleration for both vision and graphics processing makes it a compelling augmented reality platform. We are excited to see Atheer take advantage of Tegra’s performance to bring a new class of AR headsets to enterprise customers and use cases,” said Neil Trevett, vice president mobile ecosystem at NVIDIA.
“Atheer has developed a leading-edge smart glasses platform and we’re proud that they chose Lumus optics for their innovative AiR Glasses design,” said Ben Weinberger, Lumus’ CEO. “Atheer’s unique expertise in natural interaction and our cutting-edge display technology is a powerful combination for enterprise customers.”
New ‘Vision at Work’ Branding and Experience
Coincident with the AiR platform, Atheer is showcasing its rich and interactive website, www.atheerair.com, featuring the new Atheer brand identity and an inspired logo that brings the user at the center of the experience. Frank Nuovo, Atheer’s Chief Designer states, “We are thrilled to present our new interactive, functional and stylistic platform and a total brand experience. Our design is fully harmonized and at the heart of this future of computer interaction, You, are in control from the inside out. Our solution is light and comfortable while maintaining the robustness required of a serious computing instrument serving demanding professionals”.
To get an in-depth look at how Atheer is pioneering the future of mobile computing today, click here and watch Atheer’s vision video.
Atheer AiR Platform Key Features:
Atheer AiR platform is designed from the ground up to fulfill the needs of the 21st century workforce. This award-winning platform consists of the AiR Glasses powered by the Android-based AiR OS and the collaboration-centric AiR Enterprise Suite.
AiR Glasses powered by AiR OS
- Precise gestures: Tap, swipe, pinch, zoom, and many more
- Shorthand gesture library
- Voice commands and transcription
- Head motion based interaction
- Multiple panes around user, mid-air
- Powerful 2D & 3D mixed content support
- Visual ergonomics: Personalized image optimization
- Full-compatibility with 1M+ deployment-ready Android apps
Open AiR SDK
- Flexible access to rich sensor data and interaction modalities
- Built on familiar Android APIs
Rich, See-through 3D Displays
- Dual ultra-bright displays: 720p (1280 x 720) 60fps
- Large 50 degree field-of-view
Cameras & Sensor Suite
- ToF 3D depth sensor for gesture control
- 2x 4MP cameras; 720p 60fps video
- 9-axis IMU: accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
Powerful, Mobile System
- NVIDIA® Tegra® K1 : quad-core ARM-based CPU and Kepler GPU
- 2GB RAM, Up to 128GB flash storage
- Built-in 3100mAH Lithium-Ion battery + extensible battery pack
- Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB-C, HDMI Out
- Stereo audio, directional microphone
- Optional: 4G/LTE & GPS module
AiR Enterprise Suite
The AiR Enterprise Suite is comprised of AiR Hub, a cloud-based management and collaboration console, AiR Designer, a drag-and-drop task flow authoring capability, and AiR Flow, a customizable smart glasses application designed to optimize task flow interaction and collaboration. Deskless professionals using AiR Flow can communicate with remote experts using AiR Hub to resolve problems quickly while keeping focus on the task at hand.
- Remote expert guidance for AiR Flow users through live video, photo, text and real-time annotation
- Multi-device & multi-user profile management
- Integration with leading enterprise databases & applications
- Easy interaction for task flow compliance
- Remote expert and multimedia collaboration with AiR Hub
- Documentation of work progress through pictures and video
- Smart glasses optimized UI/UX
- Drag-and-drop authoring of task flows
- Step-by-step instructions, checklists, barcodes and rich media attachments
Atheer is the pioneer of AiR™ (Augmented interactive Reality) computing that is designed to enhance the productivity and safety of deskless professionals at Fortune 1000 companies. The award-winning Atheer AiR platform combines the power of immersive augmented reality with intelligent gesture, voice and head-motion interactions as well as real-time rich-media collaboration, all on a mobile smart glasses platform. Wearing the see-through AiR Glasses enables viewing rich information critical to workflows, interacting with the information naturally and collaborating with remote peers like never before – without the need to hold any device. Leveraging the Android-based Atheer AiR platform, developers and companies around the world are creating next generation enterprise productivity applications and workflows to empower the 21st century workforce. The company is based in Mountain View, CA and is backed by prominent investors including Bobby Yazdani, Co-Founder of Saba Software, and Farzad Naimi, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, RONA Holdings. For more information, please visit http://www.atheerair.com.