Company Type: Enterprise Platform Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: VRstudios helps companies deploy VR in ways that allow them to design, build, explore and sell more effectively. The building block that makes this possible is the VRstudios Operating Platform (VOP), which unifies a variety of ground-breaking tools and technologies. VOP is hardware neutral, integrating new and emerging technologies. VRstudios are system integrators and make many components of the system in-house, but if users find a better solution somewhere else, they’ll stretch to include it.
VRstudios technology allows for changes (e.g. architectural modifications) to be captured in the virtual experience and exported to the native application that generated the design. VRstudios provides the capability of creating and setting up virtual environments from within the virtual environment eliminating the need and the limited accuracy of creating the environments via a keyboard, mouse or graphics device. VRstudios has created a wireless headset that allows users to physically move around – even run and jump around – within the physical capture space. This actual capture space is featureless, but the user perceives the sights and sounds of a vivid, richly detailed virtual world.
The VRstudios Operating Platform is:
- Completely wireless
- Ultra low latency combined with high performance computing and content design results in no motion sickness (common complaint of VR system use)
- Full motion tracking across small to very large spaces matches best in the industry
- Multi-participant support
- Multi-location support (allowing multiple participants in different physical locations to be present in the same virtual space simultaneous with the ability to interact with each other)
- Automated processes for importing designs and game environments in a matter of minutes versus the lag time of hours, days or weeks often experienced in the industry
- Can use 3D models from the most popular 3D modeling programs like 3ds Max, SketchUp, Solidworks, and Revit
Additionally, VRstudios runs VRcade, running on VRstudios’ software platform, with a wireless headset that offers a completely untethered, full-body tracking experience. It’s built to be responsive, immersive, and seamless, giving an unparalleled game presence that transports users into another world. Since the software platform is hardware agnostic, this allows new videogame titles to be frequently added.
- Charles Herrick – CEO — LinkedIn Profile
- VRstudios raised $1.35 million in venture funding on September 2, 2015.
Product / Service Offerings:
VRcade: A VR Platform for Truly Immersive Gaming. VRcade creates an all-in-one system that delivers an interactive experience that is second to none. By combining the latest advancements in immersive head mounted displays, motion capture systems, and real-time 3D engines, VRcade systems deliver a high fidelity, low-latency experience that makes the VRcade Gridspace a 3D human interface with limitless potential.