Company Type: Platform Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: Six15 Technologies is a world leader in researching, developing, and manufacturing wearable optical displays. It develops both off-the-shelf and custom glass solutions for Fortune 500 companies and government and defense agencies. Its wearable optics products power decision making, enhanced problem solving, and accelerate critical action. Six15’s systems are ideal for industries such as the military, logistics, medicine, and public safety.
As of 2016, the company has over eight years of experience developing smart glass solutions for the US military. With a flexible solution architecture process and patented technology, the company is able to deliver small, lightweight, and sophisticated smart information displays. Its platforms can be flexibly deployed and integrate with all current software platforms. Six15 has delivered over 200,000 head mounted displays used in operations around the world. Built to stand up to the most extreme conditions, its products are custom-designed for demanding daily use.
Six15 was formerly known as Vuzix TDG (Tactical Display Group) before it was spun out of Vuzix Corporation in 2012.
- Rich Ryan – Chief Executive Officer — LinkedIn Profile
- Jim Donnelly – VP of Business — Company Profile
- Private company, investors unknown.
Product / Service Offerings:
Six15 Technologies offers a variety of smart optical lens devices and support products. Select products include:
- Tac-Eye 2.0 – a display system for non-standard environments. Head worn and hands free, it replaces a direct-view display while enhancing the capabilities of the User. The System is much smaller and lighter than a traditional monitor, and consumes much less power. It allows the User to maintain light discipline (no light signature from User) and can be interfaced electrically and mechanically to a variety of usage models.
- Tac-Eye Binocular – a head-mounted display (HMD) designed to provide a high-resolution, “big-screen” image for tactical operations, giving warfighters hands-free access to mission-critical video data. The system provides the user with a 55″ screen in a compact, portable package. It’s perfect for applications where the user will be looking at video for long durations.The display can plug directly into computer systems, FLIR imagers, camera systems, thermal weapons sights, or remote video sensors.
- ODIN – a see through display technology that enables augmented reality. This patented optical see through system allows the user to simultaneously view the real world and relevant computer generated information such as graphics, maps, and alerts without ever having to compromise situational awareness.
- SimEx585 – a device built to address the needs of the growing training & simulation market. The SimEx585 is an industry-leading performance in a binocular head mounted display. The integration of dual 1920×1200 OLED displays, standard HDMI video input and an integrated head tracker delivers a fully immersive simulation experience.
- Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses – Six15 Technologies is an official reseller of the Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses. The M100 Smart Glasses are an Android-based wearable computer, enhanced with a wearable monocular display and computer, recording features and wireless connectivity capabilities designed for commercial, professional, and prosumer users.
- INFINITY Smart Glasses and Platform – an optimized smart glass solution designed specifically for commercial, industrial, medical and first responder demands. Six15 worked closely with its software interface partner, Augmate, to create a pilot-program for the new platform, while also working to expand its developer and partner programs. The INFINITY Smart Glasses and Platform provides eyeware, software, accessories, and full integration support.
Customers: A variety of customers in the defense & security space rely on Six15’s product offerings. Select customers include the US Air Force, US Navy, US Army, and defense contractors including Harris Communications, iRobot, L3 Communications, Optics1, and DRS Technologies.