Software and Hardware Developer that Tracks the Movement of Hands and Fingers, Converting it into 3D Input.
End Market(s): Media & Entertainment, Defense & Security, Energy & Industrial, Healthcare, Education & Training, Marketing & Commerce
Company Type: Enterprise Platform Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: Leap Motion’s mission is to remove the barriers between people and technology. With Leap Motion, users can interact with digital content in virtual and augmented reality, Mac and PC using your hands just as you would in the real world. With Leap Motion VR, customers can purchase a VR headset and controller (equipped with hand-tracking technology), as well as access to a developer community to download the latest resources and integration. For Mac and PC, the Leap Motion Controller lets users reach out and swipe, grab, pinch, or punch their way through the digital world on their computer. This includes access to the Leap Motion App Store, where hundreds of user application are available for download/purchase.
Leap Motion also features many enterprise solutions across industry spectrums, such as automotive, healthcare, and industrial.
- Michael Buckwald – Co-Founder, President, and CEO — LinkedIn Profile
- David Holz – Co-Founder & CTO — LinkedIn Profile
- Leap Motion has secured $44.05 million in funding in 5 rounds.
- $1.3 million seed funding was provided on Jun 10, 2011 from 7 investors: Beth Ellyn McClendon, The Founders Fund, Brian McClendon, Bill Warner, Andreessen Horowitz, PROfounders Capital, SOSV.
- Further venture funding was provided for on March 15, 2012 for an undisclosed amount and investor.
- A subsequent Series A funding round on May 9, 2012 provided $12.75mm from Highland Capital Partners.
- $30 million Series B funding round was provided on January 3, 2013 from Highland Capital Partners and The Founders Fund.
- The most recent funding round was on October 8, 2015, with an undisclosed amount from SOSV.
Product / Service Offerings:
Leap Motion VR: Mounted Display, Controller and Developer Community access to create a realistic VR experience.
Leap Motion Desktop: Leap Motion Controller that lets user reach out and swipe, grab, pinch, or punch their way through the digital world.
Leap Motion SDK: A Software Developer Kit that allows application development as well as platform integration and developer libraries.
Leap Motion Solutions works with enterprises in the Automotive, Creative, Educational, Healthcare, Industrial and Retail sectors.