Company Type: Platform Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
- Atheer Closed $14 Million Series B Financing – Press Release (12/17/15)
- Atheer Acquires OnTheGo Platforms For Its Enterprise AR Platform – TechCrunch (12/2/15)
- All Coverage
Summary: Atheer manufactures and develops the Atheer AiR Platform, an augmented reality system built for enterprise end users. The platform was created with energy, industrial, logistics, and healthcare end users in mind, but its applications extend into other industries as well.
The Air Platform includes the augmented reality AiR Glasses which are powered by its proprietary AiR OS and a company-developed software development kit (SDK) to enable developers to build programs for the AiR Platform.
Atheer AiR was created as an Android-based open platform, making it customizable to meet specific end-user needs. The AiR SDK is built on the Android APIs, allowing developers to easily design solutions to create rich applications that fully leverage the natural interaction and rich sensor data made available by the AiR Glasses. The platform also supports common 3rd party toolkits such as Vuforia and the Unity 3D engine.
The company was founded in 2012 by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs and inventors. Their vision is a future in which the physical and digital converge to create a better, safer, and more open world. They see a new paradigm for computing and collaboration that enables everyone – from doctors and designers, to machinists, musicians, shipbuilders, and scientists – to work smarter and realize their full potential through the AiR Platform.
- Alberto Torres – Chief Executive Officer — LinkedIn Profile
- Soulaiman Itani – Founder & CTO — LinkedIn Profile
- As of January 2014, Atheer has raised a total of $25 million in funding from a collection of investors.
- A $14 million Series B round was raised in mid-December 2015 and was led by Signatures Capital and Streamlined Ventures. Investors also included Fang Group, FundersClub, RONA Holdings, and Shanda Group.
- The funding total of $25 million includes $2 million raised by gesture recognition software provider ONtheGO Platforms, which it acquired in early December 2015.
- Early investors in Atheer include Scott Stanford of SherpaVentures, Jeff Heitzman of New Stack Ventures, and a handful of angel investors.
Product / Service Offerings:
AiR Platform – augmented reality glasses system designed from the ground up to fulfill the needs of the 21st century workforce.
The glasses themselves have a 3D depth camera for gesture interaction, a rich sensor suite including 9-axis IMU, a directional microphone, Dual RGB cameras, a vibrant see-through stereo 3D displays with a large field of view, a hot swappable battery, and a powerful ARM-based NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor for mobile performance and graphics.
AiR Suite – The AiR Suite for Enterprise allows for seamless communication between deskless professionals and subject matter experts to enable quick decision making and a productive workforce. AiR Suite for Enterprise is designed to deliver unbounded collaboration, management and rapid task flow deployment.
The AiR Suite for Enterprise is comprised of AiR Hub, a cloud-based management and collaboration console; AiR Designer, an intuitive task flow authoring suite; and AiR Flow, a smart glasses application for task flow interaction and seamless collaboration.
A company-developed SDK allows 3rd party developers to write programs for the AiR Platform.
Customers: Companies throughout a variety of industries, including manufacturing, logistics & warehousing, field engineering, oil & gas, and healthcare can benefit from the AiR Platform’s capabilities. Similarly, risk engineers and field inspectors in the insurance and construction industry can use Atheer’s technology access checklists and site plans, capture work progress in real-time, and consult with remote experts, without having to hold any device while they climb ladders and operate in tight spaces.