A Software Company Providing Immersive Virtual Reality Products and Services.
Company Type: Software Developers
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
- All Coverage
Summary: MiddleVR (previously ” i’m in VR ” ) is a software company providing immersive virtual reality (VR) products and services. Their flagship product, MiddleVR SDK, is a VR toolbox to accelerate the creation of VR applications. MiddleVR SDK is fully integrated into the powerful 3D application creation tool Unity3D.
The company firmly believes that VR is changing the world through applications. They focus on 4 areas of application growth:
- Prototyping: experience a car or a plane before it exists to improve its design and ergonomy,
- Training: a wide range of training can be improved through VR, from surgeons’ gestures to maintenance or safety training,
- Therapy: VR is an incredible tool for therapists to cure patients through exposure therapy,
- Architecture: live and feel your project from inside as if it already exists.
MiddleVR wants to help you focus on your applications to create better and more immersive experiences by providing you with powerful and easy-to-use tools.
- Sebastien Kuntz – Founder, President & CEO — LinkedIn Profile
Product / Service Offerings:
- Improov: A platform for collaboration in virtual reality. You can think of it as a virtual office and meeting room. It allows users to load multiple 3D models and view them at scale one in virtual reality. The product review can be collaborative, meaning a user in another office, city or country can join the meeting room, either with a classic non-VR application, or with any VR system. It is currently oriented toward CAD (computer aided design) engineers but it will evolve to support many different business cases, such as architecture, training etc.
- MiddleVR SDK: A generic immersive virtual reality plugin designed to work with different 3D applications. MiddleVR handles:– Any VR system: HMDs (like the Oculus Rift), Caves, stereoscopic walls, zSpace, 3DTVs etc.
– Interaction devices like 3D trackers (see full list on the right),
– Stereoscopy: active, passive
– Clustering: Scenelock, swaplock both sofware & hardware,
– 3D interactions: Navigation, manipulation, menus and custom graphical user interfaces.
- MiddleVR for Unity: Unity is a 3D application development tool that has been designed to let you focus on creating amazing 3D application. MiddleVR is the perfect plugin to bring immersive capabilities to your Unity applications in a few minutes.