Company Type: Enterprise Software Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: Matterport enables anyone to digitally reconstruct real-world spaces for use in VR, AR, web, and mobile applications, offering an unprecedented level of immersion and a realistic sense of actually being there.
- Bill Brown – CEO — LinkedIn Profile
- David Gausebeck – CTO — LinkedIn Profile
- Jeffrey Harris – VP of Enterprise Sales — LinkedIn Profile
As of January 2016, Matterport has raised $56 million in venture capital funding.
- June 2015 – $30 million in Series C funding led by investors that included Qualcomm Ventures, GIC, DCM Ventures, Lux Capital, Felicis Ventures, and Luminari Capital.
- July 2014 – $16 million in Series B funding led by investors that included DCM Ventures, AME Cloud Ventures, Lux Capital, and others.
- September 2013 – $2.8 million in Series A funding.
- March 2013 – $5.6 million in Series A funding.
- 2012 – $1.6 million in Seed funding led by Y Combinator, Felicis Ventures, Red Swan Ventures, and DCM Ventures.
Product / Service Offerings:
Matterport Technology – An end-to-end 3D media platform.
The Matterport 3D Camera allows and Capture App for iPad automatically produces high-quality immersive 3D models in the hands of any user. As the camera gently spins, it captures the colors and contours of a space—and calculates dimensions and spatial relationships between objects.
The Matterport Cloud executes an extensive set of computer vision algorithms to process the photography and 3D data, creating a 3D model that combines HDR-quality imagery with dimensionally accurate geometry. In this way, geometrical data is converted into an efficient polygonal mesh, which can be easily streamed to the Matterport 3D Showcase media player.
The Matterport 3D Portal is a management and distribution platform for all of your 3D models. Access and organize your scan jobs and models, collaborate with your team, publish models to the general public, adjust model settings, and create tours.
Once a Matterport 3D model is hosted in the Matterport Cloud, viewers anywhere in the world can explore these spaces from their desktop or mobile device (the Matterport 3D Showcase).
As of January 2016, Matterport 3D Showcases can be viewed on highly immersive VR platforms, including the Samsung VR Gear consumer platform, through Matterport’s limited beta program.