Company Type: Software Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: IrisVR is committed to making VR accessible to design and building professionals. Our first product is a standalone desktop app that allows a simple drag and drop from native 3D file formats into a navigable VR environment. This product eliminates the barriers to making good VR content, and it allows 3D artists, architects, and designers to quickly prototype their ideas in VR and show their clients.
- Shane Scranton – Co-Founder & CEO– LinkedIn Profile
- Nate Beatty – Co-Founder & CTO — LinkedIn Profile
- July 2015 – $1.63 million in Seed funding from investors that include Indicator Ventures, Valar Ventures, Azure Capital Partners, Morningside Group, FundersGuild, and Bob Pasker.
- IrisVR was a member of Techstars’ Winter 2015 class. Techstars is a tech accelerator.
Product / Service Offerings:
IrisVR Software – a suite of software solutions that enable designers to easily view 3D files in VR and to develop seamless VR experiences with their 3D files. The software is being developed primarily for professionals in the architecture and design space for use in applications like simulated building walk-throughs.
As of January 2016, IrisVR’s SketchUp prototype app, SketchUp, is available. It has a number of features, including:
- 3D to VR – built from the ground up for native files
- One Click – DIY virtual reality through a drag-and-drop interface
- True Scale – objects are true to scale for help in designing realistic spaces
- Mac & PC compatibility
- Detailed Textures for 3D files
- Comfort through low lag and high frame rates
Customers: IrisVR serves a number of architecture, engineering, and construction firms.