Cloud-based Software for Managing Smart Glasses and Devices at Large Scale within an Enterprise.
End Market(s): Energy and Industrials, Business Services & Logistics, Defense & Security, Healthcare, Education & Training
Company Type: Software Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: Augmate builds cloud-based software that helps organizations quickly and securely scale thousands of wearable devices, including VR and AR glasses, across their workforce.
Effectively, Augmate builds wearable management software for enterprises.
Augmate is a member of Google’s Glass for Work program.
- Pete Wassell – Co-Founder & CEO — LinkedIn Profile
- Jack Murphy – VP of Engineering — LinkedIn Profile
- Randy Decko – SVP of Sales — LinkedIn Profile
- On September 18, 2014, Augmate raised $2.8 million in seed funding from a handful of investors, including UPS’ Strategic Enterprise Fund, Draper Associates, Siemens Venture Capital, Rothernberg Ventures, Excell Partners.
Product / Service Offerings:
Wearable Environment Platform – a leading enterprise solution that enables organizations to manage wearable devices across their workforce. The platform is run through a SAAS web application that gives enterprises the ability to manage users, applications, and devices remotely. This is possible using Augmate’s core functionality – over the air (OTA) updates. Augmate’s software establishes a command and control center, enabling administrators to easily monitor and manage fleets of wearables from one central location.
Administrators can do a number of things with Augmate’s software:
- Remotely install and uninstall applications on end user smart devices
- Monitor device battery status and last location
- Configure multiple wifi networks to allow devices to move without losing connectivity
- Prevent theft by remotely locking devices
- Securely configure device hardware and sensor profiles
- Seamlessly communicate with system-wide messaging to your wearable workforce
Augmate’s software works across platforms, allowing companies to seamlessly manage a multi-smart device workforce.