Software for Smart Glasses to Allow Hands-On Workers to Use Data to do their Best Work.
End Market(s): Energy and Industrials, Business Services & Logistics, Defense & Security, Healthcare
Company Type: Software Developer
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: APX Labs began building software for smart glasses in 2010 and is an industry leader in terms of number of customers, users, and smart glasses software experience.
Its Skylight software for smart glasses delivers real-time, hands-free access to information, applications, and remote experts to enable employees to work efficiently, intelligently, and with minimal error or downtime.
APX Labs is a founding company in Google’s Glass for Work program.
- Brian Ballard – Co-Founder & CEO — LinkedIn Profile
- Jeff Jenkins – Co-Founder & CTO — LinkedIn Profile
- Chris Hoyt – Co-Founder & CFO — LinkedIn Profile
- Ed English – Chief Marketing & Product Officer — LinkedIn Profile
- Jay Kim – Chief Strategy Officer — LinkedIn Profile
- As of January 2016, APX Labs has raised a total of $28.6 million in venture capital funding
- A $13 million Series B round was led by New Enterprise Associates in November 2015
- $15.6 million in Series A funding was led by New Enterprise Associates and Work-Bench, an enterprise technology venture capital fund, in May 2014
Product / Service Offerings:
Skylight – APX’s smart glasses software program which provides new solutions to the long-standing challenges of manual processes, inconsistent operations, and expensive downtime. Skylight provides applications for businesses in areas of complex assembly, maintenance, material handling, and field service.
Skylight creates a connected workforce which helps drive faster work, fewer errors, better tracking, and improved up-time.
It is designed for day-to-day operations at the world’s largest companies and has a number of key features:
- In-view work instructions – daily work orders, service tickets, and more in a flexible workflow system
- Immediate access to help – share live views on video calls to remote experts, get on demand access to diagrams, and more
- Capture and share media – document work for compliance and analysis, record best-practices, accelerate new-hire ramp up
- Live data feeds – connect your work force to big data, smart tools, and smart machines, collect rich context data and get insights into operations
Skylight is designed to easily work across platforms and is fully configurable to specific needs and back-end business applications. It can support and manage multiple enterprise scenarios in one system and deploy on-premise or in the cloud.
Customers: APX serves a variety of energy, industrial, healthcare, and related customers. Select customers include Boeing, Tesla, Merck, Applied Materials, and Exxon Mobil.
For further reading on end customer use cases, see a list of APX – Skylight success stories across end markets.
APX Labs has a number of major partners that it works with to deliver its solutions to the market. Partners include Google, Accenture, SAP, Deloitte, Microsoft, Vuzix, Epson, Sony, ServiceMax, Recon Instruments, and Dell.