Company Type: Enterprise Software Developers
Coverage & Analysis from the Information Feed:
Summary: AltspaceVR brings two-dimensional web content into shared virtual spaces, and extending the web to create fully holographic experiences. AltspaceVR allows people to inhabit a shared virtual space with spatial voice communications, cast content from the internet on virtual screens, interact with objects (allowing activities such as playing chess or other board games), and supports extra hardware like eye tracking and body tracking Through the software users watch streaming video, play games, and get work done, together and entirely inside of virtual reality. The software is powered by, and fully embraces, the modern open web.
- Eric Romo – Founder & CEO — LinkedIn Profile
- David Gudmundson – Founder — LinkedIn Profile
- Gavin Wilhite – Founder & Director of Engineering — LinkedIn Profile
As of January 2016, AltspaceVR has raised a total of $15.7 million from leading technology investors, including Tencent, Dolby Family Ventures, Raine Ventures, Lux Capital, Western Technology Investments, Maven Ventures, Promus Ventures, Streamlined Ventures, Rothenberg Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Formation 8, Google Ventures, Foundation Capital, SV Angel, Marc Bell Ventures, Haystack Fund, and Startcaps.
- July 2015 – $10.3 million Series A funding
- September 2014 – $200,000 in a convertible note
- September 2014 – $5.2 million in Seed funding
Product / Service Offerings: